• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Phrag. ''dalessandroi"

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
This plant is from Dennis at Gypsy Glen, but I think it is Jersey at best. Definitely besseae in it and also some resemblance to dalessandroi, but the true dal. I don't think.

This plant had a little issue with thrips but is doing well now. Because of it's slightly ratty appearance, it is priced much lower than I purchased it for. $35.00 including shipping (I paid $75+)

2 bloomed growths
3 unbloomed and close if not mature
1 new start.

Here are some photos of the plant today, and blooming.
img0693wk7.jpg

gypsy3wo6.jpg

...it does look like Phrag. Jersey... also has that Phrag. besseae var. dallesandroi non-rhizomatic habit... very nice! :)

Tart!

Lucky plant. Heather, I bought a Phrag labeled dalessandroi from Dennis this year; I wonder if I will have the same situation. If so I wonder who is selling the real version??? Anyway if your getting rid of some more nice plants please do so with regularity and stop teasing us.:poke: E.

NYEric said:
Lucky plant. Heather, I bought a Phrag labeled dalessandroi from Dennis this year; I wonder if I will have the same situation. If so I wonder who is selling the real version??? Anyway if your getting rid of some more nice plants please do so with regularity and stop teasing us.:poke: E.

Try Orchid Zone in Cali... they offer the real Phrag. besseae var. dallesandroi, along with great forms of Phrag. besseae... :)

-Pat

Heather I'm hoping you'll put up a group of Phrags that I need so I can trade you a nice NYC restaurant dinner for the plants...:D All pla[n]tonic of course...

Latest posts

Back