Phrag. dalessandroi ('Echo' x 'Doug Pulley')

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Migrant13

Mature growth?
Reaction score

Sorry the pictures are not great and the flower is a bit wonky but the color is a deep red (more so than the photo shows). Orchid Zone breeding

Here's a photo of our 'Fox Valley' CHM/AOS clone for comparison. To validate the award, this flower was sent to Cal Dodson at Selby Gardens and he did verify it was authentic. (Dr. Dodson described the original type specimen). I think Dot had one awarded as well that had similar shape and color.

Last edited:
I have nothing to add on ID so I'll leave it to the experts, but gorgeous flower regardless! Fantastic color and I really love the highly prominent fenestration of the pouch. Please keep me in mind if you ever divide this, I'm sure I could come up with something interesting in trade.

Eric, this is the same cross of those plants we bought from out west that we were told were Jersey not d'allesandroi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. I would be bummed if not dalessandroi as this is what I thought I was purchasing. But I do like it nonetheless. The comparison picture makes me think it's not a true dal.

Here's a photo of our 'Fox Valley' CHM/AOS clone for comparison. To validate the award, this flower was sent to Cal Dodson at Selby Gardens and he did verify it was authentic. (Dr. Dodson described the original type specimen). I think Dot had one awarded as well that had similar shape and color.

Would that it were so!

Back