Quantcast

Phrag. d'alessandroi 'DD #2'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

monocotman

Reaction score
Tom
lovely. I suspect that lots of other phrags and paphs would show equal lelevs of improved growth with trays. It’s just a matter of space!
David

tomkalina

Vendor
Reaction score
Yay besseae (v. dalessandroi)! :p How deep are the trays? I wonder where Dennis is, probably laughing at us living here in a 3rd World country! :(
Standard 10 x 20 x 2 1/2 inches deep propagation trays with slotted bottoms for drainage. (See photo). I think most garden centers carry them, especially in the spring, or eBay. Haven't heard from Dennis in a long time; I assume he's still down in Ecuador?

Attachments

PeteM

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered 2 bonsai forest trays on Etsy the other day after your recent posts. Finally going to give it a try for these walkers.

tomkalina

Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure how you'd get there with COVID restrictions, but I'd advise going as soon as it's possible; the hikes aren't too strenuous for anyone in decent shape. The first trip I took about ten years ago was guided by Ecuagenera and it was excellent, especially since I was interested in seeing Phrag. besseae in it's natural habitat and analysing leachate and substrate samples.

FrankRC

Reaction score
Yay besseae (v. dalessandroi)! :p How deep are the trays? I wonder where Dennis is, probably laughing at us living here in a 3rd World country! :(
Eric, Denis has given up orchids and now owns a coffee shop in Vilcabamba, Ecuador where he lives with his family. BTW the plant in the photos does not exhibit the correct characteristic of true v. dalessandroi. Given its size, it should.

Wide, shallow clay pots can achieve the same results. All besseae need space.

Best regards,

Latest posts