Phrag. d'alessandroi 'DD#2'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does this crawl? Growing this in a tray?
Linus - It clumps rather than crawls, because like all true Phrag. d'alessandroi the new growths emerge fairly close to the main plant. (The photo shows the back of the 'DD#2' clone with two new growths to illustrate). We are growing this species, as well as all of our Phrag. besseae breeding plants, in 10 x 20 trays with slotted bottom drainage. The trays should be available at most garden centers once they reopen.

Attachments

• IMG_3130.JPG
    IMG_3130.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 25
This came from Denis? Nice. Yay besseae (v. dalessandroi)!
Yes. To quote Cribb - "botanically, there seems little to be gained by recognizing P. d'alessandroi at species rank but horticulturally, its status has been recognized and that decision is accepted here." He then includes the description of P. d'alessandroi as written by Dodson and Gruss in Die Orchidee 1996. I'm not sure Cribb's treatment decides the question one way or the other so for the time being, we are calling it P. d'alessandroi.

i was wondering if that was DD... i met DD at the paph guild in San Marino nice person...

Latest posts

Back