Phrag. Cuzco Blood 'Twin Sisters' AM-AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW .... you must have been hiding that when i visited.... been looking for a good example of that cross for a few years. look forward to some seedlings.:)

Ok cross on to China Dragon (or your Super Rubies)?
That thought crossed my mind, but with the additional complexity of the breeding the germination would probably be lower than we would like for commercial purposes. What I'm looking for here is darker colors, longer petals and a good number of seedlings. Not sure if these things are achievable simultaneously, but we can try.

I would be more inclined to breed it back to humboldtii rather than kovachii. The Pk hybrids I've seen with long petaled species seem under-whelming.

ditto .....squirrely petals with a reflexed dorsal... wonder how much dilution you need to still have some kovachii color and or pouch but with a decent shape... almost seems unattainable...

I don't quite understand the obsession with
kovachii and crosses. They're pretty sometimes,
but I've seen a few that are deformed with muddy
color. I think Tom's idea
for a cross is just the ticket. Tom, about divisions?????

I don't quite understand the obsession with
kovachii and crosses. They're pretty sometimes,
but I've seen a few that are deformed with muddy
color. I think Tom's idea
for a cross is just the ticket. Tom, about divisions?????

HEY!!! get in line! :)

Rich, I'm ALWAYS in line for Tom's divisions.
Thanks, Angela - We've had some family health issues the past year and I am way behind in Spring repotting/dividing for 2020. I promise to get this done and lists out to folks as soon as possible. Keep the faith and thanks all for understanding.

Latest posts

Back