Phrag. Columbianum (schlimii 'Isolde' x manzurii 'Waunakee')

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First - I would be delighted to see that beautiful pouch in my backyard. Very nice!

Second, I am wondering whether this is really its name? Maybe a discussion for the taxonomy thread, but if anyone can shed light, I would appreciate it.
I believe Kew recognizes manzurii as schlimii var. manzurii, which would make this a (very nice) schlimii.
I have various seedlings where, similar to this case, a parent is identified as manzurii. I generally try to keep the tags consistent with the hybrider’s description, but I wonder . . .

First - I would be delighted to see that beautiful pouch in my backyard. Very nice!

Second, I am wondering whether this is really its name? Maybe a discussion for the taxonomy thread, but if anyone can shed light, I would appreciate it.
I believe Kew recognizes manzurii as schlimii var. manzurii, which would make this a (very nice) schlimii.
I have various seedlings where, similar to this case, a parent is identified as manzurii. I generally try to keep the tags consistent with the hybrider’s description, but I wonder . . .

That and it is x colombianum. Which would mean that it could not have clonal named parents if it was a natural hybrid. So regardless it is not a x colombianum. Just a wonderfully colored schlimii with schlimii var. manzurii parent.

Latest posts

Back