Phrag. Coffee Break 'Reachout ' x St Ouen ' Canary's Flight'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayb

Reaction score
OrchidPictures2013-4.jpg

Nice! I know that nice flat petals are wished for, but I think it's a charmer! :D

HI Dot,
I can't answer your question just put down what was on the Tag. I'm pretty sure this came from the Orchid Zone. I just checked and I have my spelling wrong it should be St Quen maybe that explains it.

Ray

No, it's supposed to be Coffee break [Phrag boisserianum v czerwiakowianum x caudatum] x St. Ouen. The St. Ouen is where the besseae comes in. Mine is the same cross that's why I'm surprised yours isn't yellow.

As Eric's plant turned out yellow, I am guessing they used a Saint Ouen flavum; with these complex crossed it is natural that you get segregation in colors, some will turn out flavum, and some will be more colored. Look at the different colors of Saint Ouen flavum that I made (or Waunakee Sunset).

Nice flower by the way!

Robert

As Eric's plant turned out yellow, I am guessing they used a Saint Ouen flavum; with these complex crossed it is natural that you get segregation in colors, some will turn out flavum, and some will be more colored. Look at the different colors of Saint Ouen flavum that I made (or Waunakee Sunset).

Nice flower by the way!

Robert
It's true that St. Ouen is very variable in color. I've seen them in white, yellow, pink, red, and rose.

Berrak, I'm glad you are back from your coffee break!

Latest posts

Back