Phrag caudatum var. wallisii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard to picture blooms and spike completely, due to the loooooooong petals!! Therefore I took three photos!!
Since these flowers have opened I am fascinated by them over and over!

phrag_warszewiczianum.jpg

phrag_warszewiczianum_1.jpg

phrag_warszewiczianum_2.jpg

Last edited:
Envious!

I absolutely think your caudatum v. wallissi is gorgeous. You have done an excellent job of taking care of it. Is is a slow grower? I would like to have one but I can't find a vendor who has any. Can you tell me where you got it? Thanks. Heidi

Just stunning Rudolf. I don't grow Phrags but I wouldn't mind giving one of these a try. Never see them for sale here though.

David

Lovely! Mine is also in buds. It will be interesting to compare. Thanks for showing.

....Is is a slow grower? I would like to have one but I can't find a vendor who has any. Can you tell me where you got it? Thanks. Heidi
I purchased this plant from N. POPOW two years ago (http://www.popow-orchids.com). Unfortunately not all plants appear on the sales list in his shop.
For special plants/offers you have to ask him (or his son) personally.
I don't know where you live but your christian name sounds German so maybe in Germany, Austria or Switzerland. It sounds easy call him in this case but it's hard to get him on the line. It's the best to send him an email.
It isn't a slow grower at all compared to some Paphs!! It grew its new shoot within one year and I think it took it about 4 or 5 months to evolve the flower spike.

....But doesn't wallisii have a different name now?
Dot, you are right!!
Actually I had a look at KEW's World Checklist Of Selected Plants and they say as following:
Paphiopedilum caudatum var. wallisii (Rchb.f.) Stein, Orchid.-Buch: 460 (1892).
This name is a synonym.
Accepted Name: Phragmipedium warszewiczianum (Rchb.f.) Schltr., Repert. Spec. Nov. Regni Veg. Beih. 17: 9 (1922).

Awesome ! ! - well done-

Stopped growing caudatums and wallisii because I killed them all

Latest posts

Back