Phrag. Carmine ‘Ken Wilson’ AM/AOS x Cardinale

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know you have worried about your Phrag growing conditions and this recently acquired Phrag isn't telling you much about that. How do you think the Phrags you have had for a few years are doing right now?

I know you have worried about your Phrag growing conditions and this recently acquired Phrag isn't telling you much about that. How do you think the Phrags you have had for a few years are doing right now?
Terry, since I moved them upstairs to ambient room temps (in a large East/Southeast window In my bathroom), and am watering more (or having them in a saucer of water), they seem pretty happy. Some are growing exceptionally well, the smallest seedlings that we’re struggling, are putting out new growths. So I think the system is working! Yay!!

Terry, since I moved them upstairs to ambient room temps (in a large East/Southeast window In my bathroom), and am watering more (or having them in a saucer of water), they seem pretty happy. Some are growing exceptionally well, the smallest seedlings that we’re struggling, are putting out new growths. So I think the system is working! Yay!!
Phrags. love bright diffuse light!

Phrags. love bright diffuse light!
In my case there was plenty of light in the grow room, I had it at correct PAR. They would grow well through the winter and bloom. As soon as the temp started rising to a summer high of 84 F they would decline and die. Now 70 to a max of 78 in sunny summer in window. They are also staying moist more consistently now. Some are in a small individual dish of water but larger ones are not. So, whatever, has made them happy, I know temp was a big factor.

Back