Phrag caricinum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Paul, this is not Phragmipedium caricinum, ist is a Hybrid. But the plant Looks nice.

I agree with Florian...perhaps a cross? I have a caricinum 'Fox Valley' and it ain't an easy one to bloom so far. If anyone
on ST has a photo of one they've bloomed, I'd love to see the photo.

When I posted this, maybe I should have said I wasn't certain about the identity. It certainly looks different than the limited number of photos I could find, and some of them are probably Phrag. pearcei. However, checking my reference books, the plants physical characteristics fit the description for Phrag. caricinum. I have asked the nursery it came from (Popow) to supply any information about the plants' origin. I will ask Frank Cervera to take a look, as well.
Regards,
Paul

This is most assuredly not a caricinum. This looks like the hybrid between lindleyanum and pearcei, a hybrid that was described as Phrag. brasiliense.

Best regards,

I bought a „caricinum“ from popow wich never flowers right now. But i am sure its not the species. The real one has much more narrow leaves. Bought ist as a young plant and the Habitus looks like your plant.

Latest posts

Back