Phrag caricinum 3d! :)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gore42

It looks as though this bloom is pretty well developed, so I thought it was time to give you a full 360 view.

I should warn you, before you begin, that this one is bigger than the last. If any of you would prefer that I make these smaller, please let me know... it wouldn't be much extra work to make small ones and big ones. My general idea is that if people are looking for images of a bloom, they really want to be able to see what it looks like... so it doesn't make sense to make it small... I'd rather just wait a couple of minutes. However, let me know if you disagree.

Anyway, here it is: http://www.goreorchids.com/SpecPgs/3d-caricinum/caricinum-spin.html

Enjoy, and thanks for looking :)

As Ever,
Matthew

Matt - I think it came out perfect. The video is so crisp and clean :). And the extra couple of extra seconds didn't hurt.

VERY NICE! Great flower! Out of curiosity, how do you do these rotating pictures? :)

-Pat

Pat,

The software part of it is done with Flash. It's actually just a little plugin... you just edit an xml file with the properties, and it's pretty cut and dry. There are several companies that make software to do this, or you can just program it yourself in Flash.

The photography part is pretty simple too. I actually use my office chair as the turntable (with the back taken off). I just try to center the bloom so that it stays in the same place when I spin the chair, and then take 20-40 photos, rotating the chair a several degrees after each one.

Latest posts

Back