Phrag. Cardinale 'Birchwood' AM/AOS Div.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

For those who might be interested, we added two divisions of this great clone to our website yesterday afternoon. One two growth division is just starting to show a bud sheath emerging from the leaf axil, the other two growth division should spike later this winter or early Spring. Each division is priced at $95 + s/h.

Thanks,

That's a great thread, John! I think Dick was one of the best Phrag. growers in the world when he died, but the plant shown in that thread was still better bloomed than any I saw in his greenhouse.

I was wondering???? It surprised me that you didn't sell both divisions right away, the first day they were offered. Anybody who reads this forum, who doesn't have a nice Cardinale, needs to get one! It's an awesome plant that just keeps on giving.

In bloom yesterday afternoon. Better color this time of year due to cooler temps. Anyone know of anything ever published concerning ploidy of this clone? I remember reading something back in the day, but can't remember the author or the article.

Last edited:
Tom, here's a way to multiply it more:

K-Lite @ 25-35 ppm N at every watering, flooding heavily each time. Add 0.25% KelpMax to that once a month. Add 1% Inocucor Garden Solution to the fertilizer once a month.

I usually alternated the two at two-week intervals to make life easy, and saw all of my slippers triple-, to quadruple the number of growths (sometimes more) in a year.

Latest posts

Back