Phrag. Cape May County & Lynn Evans-Goldner

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quiltergal

Orchid Slave
Reaction score
These are two seed grown hybrids from Woodstream Orchids. They are supposed to be miniature Phrags. Comparatively speaking, I suppose they are given that many other Phrags. are huge.

Phrag. Lynn Evans-Goldner- I was expecting a lot more red/dark pink. This looks a bit more like schlimii except for the pink on the petals.

00140.JPG

Phrag. Cape May County - they were shooting for pastel colors.....NOT! :rollhappy:

Picture_006_Small_.jpg

Even though neither one turned out the way I hoped they would I still like them enough to keep. They have their own charm. Ah, the crap shoot of ordering seedlings! :wink:

Yay besseae hybrids! I think I remember Bill made one Cape May County cross with a non-flavum besseae, The most popular ones are the flavum ones, you can search thru the phrag photos for them. That Lynn Evans-Goldner is a little suspect. :cool:

Hey Terri, yours look a whole lot better than mine. It's all I can do just to keep them alive. After almost killing the lot, I moved them into s/h. I've got some great looking moss growing in the pots but the plants still look like crap. (Heavy Sigh)

Cheers.
Jim

Hey Terri, yours look a whole lot better than mine. It's all I can do just to keep them alive. After almost killing the lot, I moved them into s/h. I've got some great looking moss growing in the pots but the plants still look like crap. (Heavy Sigh)

Cheers.
Jim

Jim, I bought three of this type of hybrid (maybe even the same ones) from Bill & Lynne last October. They are in S/H too, and growing roots nicely, but the plants have done little to nothing else.

I like both a lot, but esp. the schlimii influence in the Lynn, (much less visible in the Cape May County) !!!! Jean
I like schlimii too and Barbara LeAnn = bess x fischeri, so it's pretty much what I would expect. How were your temps when in bud/blooming?

Jim, these plants aren't doing all that well either. Both seem to have a tendency to ladder, and as a result the new growths can't put down roots before they dry out. The LEG didn't bloom this year. I repotted in the late spring, but so far it's just sulking. I still need to repot the Cape May, but think I will wait for cooler temps. Of the two I think the Cape May is a little more vigorous.

Latest posts

Back