Phrag. Bird's Delight (Eric Young 'Mont Millais' AM/RHS x ecuadorense)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue

evil genius
Reaction score
Seems like most everyone regards ecuadorense as syn. pearcei, so this might just as well be called Phrag. Cape Gold Nugget. But that name doesn't make any sense, as far as I can tell, so I'm sticking with Bird's Delight.

Also, I think EY 'Mont Millais' is a 4N clone, which would make this triploid. Can anyone verify that?

Sue said:
Also, I think EY 'Mont Millais' is a 4N clone, which would make this triploid. Can anyone verify that?

I think your right about the poloidy. I have seen EY'MM' labled as 4N many times, and since the ecuadorense doen't have a clone name, I would assume it to be 2N.

I alos think your right about the ecuadorense being equal to pearcii.

Nice flower. Did ecuadorense/pearcii make the plant a bit more compact?

Kyle

Yes, more compact, with elegant long thin leaves. I'll get a full plant pic when the second spike (on the first-bloom two growth plant!) is blooming.

Thanks for the info on the EY 'MM'!

My label only says (Eric Young 'Mont Millais' AM/RHS x peareci).

What name should I give it?

I'd call it Phrag. Cape Gold Nugget 3N, and note that it's an inverse cross (that is - Cape Gold Nugget was registered with pearcei as the pod parent rather than Eric Young).

Do you have a pic?

Latest posts

Back