Phrag. besseae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mahon

Well, since it's Phrag. besseae time, thought I would put up an ugly flowering one... there are more to come in the coming week... :)

Phrag_besseae.jpg

-P.A. Mahon

"ugly" is in the eye of the beholder; I think it is cute....

Robert

Last edited by a moderator:
Robert,

Thanks for the comment! :)

This isn't the most attractive form of this species... I hope to have my best ones in bloom again later this week...

-Pat

Ugly? The only negative is see is the slight curl on the dorsal. It will be interesting to compare this with what you think is better in your others.

NYEric said:
THanx for the picture. I'm curious to know which besseaes this comes from.

Eric,

This one is Phrag. besseae 'Smokin' x Phrag. besseae 'Haven', came from OZ... I hope to have my peach one of this cultivar in bloom in about a week... :)

-Pat

Yes, I have one peach Phrag. besseae from bostonorchids... it unfortunately broke in the mail, and he is replacing it with another in spike! :) His plants that he offers are top quality, nothing displeasing about them. He does everything he can for you to be happy... I recommend this seller to everyone!

The peach one I have coming into bloom is not from him, but from OZ...

-Pat

Yes, they are all from OZ... my peach Phrag. besseae came directly from OZ. The other peach came through bostonorchids, from OZ...

-Pat

The peach Phrag. besseae I got from a person who visited OZ a while back. There is also a more recent contact who visits OZ, and selects plants for me (and it is very much appreciated!)...

-Pat

In the Phrag section there are some amazing pictures posted by Lien Liu. Most of them are OZ plants. I am scared that if I went to OZ, more than OL, I would have to sell my soul to get out of there. The ultimate trip would be to EYOF and leave w/ a big lot of plants then go to Terry's and trade!! Weee!

I actually bought two lots of the OZ besseae (100 plants each). So I will be set for a while. I have around 50 left, some of which look better than others due to a learning experience about summer temperatures in the greenhouse...

I did get two AMs (one 88pts!) and an even nicer flower that the judges slept through somehow, so it was worth it. That is really why I bought so many, not so much to resell as to get a few outstanding clones to breed with.

Latest posts

Back