Phrag. besseae x Taras

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYEric

Reaction score
P4190553.jpg

Phrag Taras is (boissierianum x pearcei). This is a very light colored one Helen Hirsch saved for me.

Dude you gotta hold that friggin camera still or wipe your lens. Or, stop drinking red bull right before taking photos.

That flower has a cool shape.

Looks to me like you are trying to make the camera focus on something outside it's focus range (background is sharper than flower), plus I think you are hand-holding instead of using a tripod (nothing is in sharp focus). Does your camera take good photos of scenes? Does it have a close-up mode? Olympus cameras are usually pretty good.

I set it on the portrait mode, then the macro setting. The camera automatically used the flash, but the photo is washed out. When I took the flash off the and tried focus manually, the camera doesn't stay in focus. I will try again w/ the camera set on Auto. I want to post the photos because the plant blooms from the top and there are more buds below!

NYEric said:
P4190553.jpg

Phrag Taras is (boissierianum x pearcei). This is a very light colored one Helen Hirsch saved for me.
I was expecting a red flower, then I realized this is not the same as Phrag Tara (Don Wimber x Mem. Dick Clement).

NYEric said:
I set it on the portrait mode, then the macro setting. The camera automatically used the flash, but the photo is washed out. When I took the flash off the and tried focus manually, the camera doesn't stay in focus. I will try again w/ the camera set on Auto. I want to post the photos because the plant blooms from the top and there are more buds below!

Though the flash washed out the photo, was it in more in focus with the flash? If so, this would suggest its low lighting combined with camera movement.

If you dont have a tripod, try resting the camera on a box or crate at the approx shooting height. Im too chinsy to buy a tripod so far, and ive improvised at times when needed.

What happens if you back off a foot or 2 (or 3)?

dave b said:
Though the flash washed out the photo, was it in more in focus with the flash? If so, this would suggest its low lighting combined with camera movement.

If you dont have a tripod, try resting the camera on a box or crate at the approx shooting height. Im too chinsy to buy a tripod so far, and ive improvised at times when needed.

What happens if you back off a foot or 2 (or 3)?

Dave, look at the leaves behind, those are more in focus.
I have the same problem with digital camera, the darn thing keeps focus on the wall behind instead of the flower.

Latest posts

Back