Phrag. besseae var. flavum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

physiognomy

Reaction score
I couldn't believe my luck when I noticed a group of these among the blooming orchids at a local nursery... Nothing nicer than getting to pick your favorite from a batch of first bloom seedlings.

6287812796_9048a08a2f_z.jpg

6287812802_d7ca2f6447_z.jpg

6287812804_6da10ca0c8_z.jpg

I have one of these myself in bud now. It should flower maybe next week or the week after. It has a two inch stolon though:( There is a new growth just starting so I am keeping my fingers crossed that this doesn't grow up two inches as well

yellow besseae is one one of my absolute alltime favourites, only I can't really grow the species well. Infact, I've killed several besseae over the years. These days: I admire other poeples pictures, as I'm trough killing plants. I love your pictures 2 and 3, well done indeed!!!

I almost bought one of these a few weeks back, but didn't because I am trying to get out of phrags (most are too big, and stolons frustrate me)...but you are REALLY making me regret that. Its beautiful!
oops, did I just email the vendor? I think so.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back