Phrag. besseae 'Pook'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John M

Orchid Addict
Reaction score
The last time I posted this one (June 2009), the plant was small and weak; but, the flower was spectacular! I cut the stem to save the plant's strength and it was a very good thing too! The plant struggled for a long time. It would put up a growth while the old one would die. The flower spikes were weak and the buds aborted. I finally got this clone to "catch" and begin growing well. It's got one old growth and one new one in bloom. This is the third flower on the stem. It is better than the first two; but, the petals are not as wide as the blooming back in 2009. The ST link to the photo is broken; so, here's a link to the 2009 photo on the OSF. http://forum.theorchidsource.com/gallery/60/medium/6066.jpg I will cut the stem again and repot the plant into a large, shallow dish. I have found that besseae prefers to let it's roots "run" in a large shallow container, rather than in a regular pot....in this case currently, a 4 1/2" plastic pot. When grown this way, the plants produced become considerably more robust and vigorous after about just a year or so in the large, shallow container.

It's a very choice clone and I'm very pleased that it's finally coming around and doing well.

34394.jpg

34396.jpg

34395.jpg

Thank you everyone. :)

Rick; yes, the dorsal is much improved this time; although, it's slighly wonky to the left. Justin, it's Orchid Zone breeding; but, I have no idea about the clonal names of the parents.

Latest posts

Back