Phrag. besseae fma flavum 'D'Oro' 4N

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thought you might like to see one of our two divisions of this beautiful clone that's blooming today in a cloudy greenhouse. Apologies for the blue gloves - I've been repotting some seedlings. But the gloves do provide a great background for a yellow flower!

Attachments

• 'D'Oro'2020.JPG
    'D'Oro'2020.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 49
Thought you might like to see one of our two divisions of this beautiful clone that's blooming today in a cloudy greenhouse. Apologies for the blue gloves - I've been repotting some seedlings. But the gloves do provide a great background for a yellow flower!
Is this the result of selfing/breeding the "only yellow besseae in existence in the world" that you have years ago ? this is as perfect as excellent chubby women in Titian's paintings .
It always amazes me to find out that selfing one plant can result in so many variations/ degrees of yellow shades as well as shapes from skinny to fat flowers

Origin was a flask of cholchicine treated flavum seedlings of which there were only four survivors. Three were extremely poor growers and died within 6 weeks (Probably aneuploids) and this was the only seedling that grew, albeit slowly. Substance is very thick as you might expect from a tetraploid.

Latest posts

Back