Phrag. besseae fma. flavum ‘Broadwaters’ AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here she comes. Tiny little thing at this point. First bloom division (from Woodstream 1/2020) just started opening today. Flower only partially open so still cupped, and color is paler than photo (incandescent lights). So far 2 buds. I’ll post again in a few days with natural light when fully open54531D18-480F-47B6-823C-A81DB68B5CB1.jpeg

Ok, here she is after almost a week. Fully open and perfectly flat to my eye. She sure is a purdy little thang!! Dorsal is same color as the rest of the flower, the shadow gives it a green cast, but it’s not 6F4E79BE-9AC3-4FF5-BC66-3460FC5EEA49.jpeg

3F737E21-D731-4EE5-9219-F8B13DE28B48.jpeg

Last edited:
If it is an actual division of 'Broadwatwers', you don't have to put the award in parentheses. A division piece is the same plant - just another growth of the motherplant, and thus carries the clonal name, that the plant 'earned'/had to be given as it was awarded, and of course also the same award status.
This is at least how it works on the European side of the Atlantic. Maybe Leslie as an (assistant) AOS judge, can expound on possible transatlantic differences in the judging systems?

Yes if it is a division of the original plant, it carries the same flower quality award (with no parenthesis needed). Only cultural awards like CCM or CCE do not carry on as it is the culture of the original owner who is rewarded.

Yes if it is a division of the original plant, it carries the same flower quality award (with no parenthesis needed). Only cultural awards like CCM or CCE do not carry on as it is the culture of the original owner who is rewarded.
Interesting! I did not realize that an original awarded plant or a division of that plant carries the flower quality award with no parentheses. There is so much to learn...
Okay, I have C. trianae var. semi-alba flamea ‘Kathleen’ CCE/AOS 90 pts (Division of the Original Plant). So I should not include the CCE on that one? Makes sense.

Last edited:
Interesting! I did not realize that an original awarded plant or a division of that plant carries the flower quality award with no parentheses. There is so much to learn...
Okay, I have C. trianae var. semi-alba flamea ‘Kathleen’ CCE/AOS 90 pts (Division of the Original Plant). So I should not include the CCE on that one? Makes sense.
You’re correct. The CCE doesn’t carry through. It can still be tagged as such for historical perspective.

Latest posts

Back