Well, both my cooler motors were frozen up when I went to fire them up late this past spring. a not unexpected occurrence since they usually only last a couple years. I had trouble finding a replacement/deciding what to go with (it seems every time I have to change coolers they are a different size and I have to alter the structure of the greenhouse), so as a temporary measure I went with one of those misting fans they make for outdoor areas in hot dry climates, which I had gotten a few years ago but never used. It blew onto the cooler growers both on the waist-high bench and the ground-level underbench (with the lower-light plants such as trichopilias and bolleas). The underbench area is essentially a sealed tunnel (plexi under the upper bench to prevent drips and sliding plexi doors on the GH side, with the glazing on the far side, and the floor below) with a fan at the far end pulling the blown-in cooler air through. Two fans in the vent openings of the inactive coolers pulled air into the GH and the AC unit which blows across the airstream was used on the hottest/most humid days. It seemed to work fairly well, though a few of the plants stayed a bit too wet. Some however, such as L.jongheana, showed more robust root growth than ever before, mostly mounted plants. I generally turned off the mister at dusk and back on in the morning. I will have to revisit this issue this coming spring.Well Howdy! I really enjoyed that show gnats and all.
I was introduced to Martin at least ten times and it got
funnier every time. Good memories.
Now on to your cooling system...…….