Phrag. besseae ‘Carlisle’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have evaporative coolers in my greenhouse; three in fact. I think I'll move it to a bit less light. I've tried
everything else. Thank you, Alex.
Try some lower light, they've bloomed for me in fairly low light.

I'm skeptical about my ability to grow them in a greenhouse setting. I grow them in my basement, 62-75° this time of year and a few degrees warmer in the summer. Rh ~60%

I bought a flavum from a local greenhouse at the outset of COVID. Could not believe it when I found it, but it was um, a bit crispy. The rest of his material was great, miltoniopsis included, so I surmised it did not fit in his program. Too hot, too bright, idk.

Try some lower light, they've bloomed for me in fairly low light.

I'm skeptical about my ability to grow them in a greenhouse setting. I grow them in my basement, 62-75° this time of year and a few degrees warmer in the summer. Rh ~60%

I bought a flavum from a local greenhouse at the outset of COVID. Could not believe it when I found it, but it was um, a bit crispy. The rest of his material was great, miltoniopsis included, so I surmised it did not fit in his program. Too hot, too bright, idk.
Too hot. They cook for me at 80F. By 90F, they’re gone.

as an aside on culture of Besseae hybrids, I had grown mine in trays with the pots standing in water.When I stopped that,3 months ago and just watered twice a week,the plants revolted, and started to show growth irregularities in the new buds. So, I have now returned to growing them in trays, with water in the bottoms.

Back