Phrag Bellle Houge Point

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilda

Reaction score
North East Tennessee, Z6 , Sunroom, flourecent lig
I bought this from an estate sale...plants were really negleted. The back of the pouch is dry looking, I am assuming it was from the neglect and hope it impoves with the next blooming.
DSCF0010-2.jpg

Hi,

The flower looks beautiful to me... But, what do I know...

Thanks, Claudia

It's a beautiful flower, but a strange place to find orchids.

Gilda, I think we have similar tastes in orchids. I love long petal pinks. Maybe I should say, anything with long petals, but especially pinks.

I want to know who's selling orchids at an estate sale. And how'd you hear about it? Very interesting.

A neighboring society posted it....seems the guy died in Jan or Feb and his widow was selling plants , lights, benches etc. she was not an orchid person but was keeping a few phals. I have never seen soooo much scale on phals & catts..brown & white scale. I saw one phrag that had a little(another + for phrags, bugs don't seem to like them)..needless to say this one was sprayed & isolated ...It was in spike when I aquired it,and I am anxious to repot it..promised a friend a piece,too, after the blooms are gone.

Grandma, yep, same taste !!:drool:

Lovely. I bought a flask from Acker and have quite a few of these. I think some are finally reaching blooming size. I'm glad I've had the patience to grow these up!

I've read that in Florida, especially, orchids are sold at yard sales all the time because they're so commonly grown.

Yay besseae hybrids. Yep a little TLC and it should be fine. Watch out for scale deep in the leaf axils, they'll make their way up and out eventually!

Back