Phrag. Barbara LeAnn

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
(d'alessandroi x fischeri) -- from Fox Valley. I'm liking the up-swept and two-tone petals, and the red dot at the bottom of the staminode.

Phrag_BarbaraLeAnn-1.jpg

That's very pretty. Looks like a single bloomer, wouldn't it be spectacular to have the branching habit of d'allesandroi!

Very pretty color, Dot. Mine is similar but my color is not a deep as yours. Barbara Lee Ann is growing on me.

(d'alessandroi x fischeri) -- from Fox Valley. I'm liking the up-swept and two-tone petals, and the red dot at the bottom of the staminode.

Phrag_BarbaraLeAnn-1.jpg

Dot
It is very pretty, however,
If it is made with dalessandroi, it can not be Barbara Le Ann
Which is besseae x fischerii
I think RHS separates besseae versus dalessandroi
for ex:
besseae x longifolium= Eric Young
dalessandroi x longifolium= Nicholle Tower

Maybe you or Tom Kalinae should registered it.

Last edited:
Z-BarbaraLeAnnedalesssandroiXfisher.jpg

This is mine. It came from FV and is labeled Barbara LeAnn (d'alessandroi X fisher 'Fox Valley'). It bloomed Jan 13, 2007.

It will stay Barbara LeAnn until someone proves to me it is not what it says on the label, or until Tom chimes in with a different story.

Z-BarbaraLeAnnedalesssandroiXfisher.jpg

This is mine. It came from FV and is labeled Barbara LeAnn (d'alessandroi X fisher 'Fox Valley'). It bloomed Jan 13, 2007.

It will stay Barbara LeAnn until someone proves to me it is not what it says on the label, or until Tom chimes in with a different story.

Well well well, You will have to see between Dot & you, who are the faster one to send the photos & new hybrid registration form to the RHS:clap:

A rose by any other name...

Orchidwiz lists dalessandroi and besseae v. dalessandroi as other names for the accepted name besseae.

I assume that if it would be something other than a regular Barbara LeAnne, Tom would have already registered it. I have no intention of looking into the possibility of it. I only grow for my own enjoyment.

Hmmm, interesting, Hien! I think I'll send off a note to Tom. Thanks for the "heads-up."

Another hmmmmm -- Dorothia does have a nice ring to it...

I'm reviving this thread. After some discussion with Tom, even though he told me I could name it, I decided he should have that honor since it is his hybrid. So now here's the name:
Phrag. Machelle Hershey (d'alessandroi x fischeri)
Pretty name for a pretty flower.

I like these posts when different people post their blossoms of the same cross.
It is nice to see some of the variation in the plants and blooms.

Latest posts

Back