Phrag andreettae - Official description

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

kentuckiense

Debaser
Reaction score
Awesome!

I've been waiting!

How are the propogation efforts going? (are there propogation efforts?)

Edit: thanks for sharing, by the way!

Kyle

Vendor
Reaction score
kentuckiense said:
How are the propogation efforts going? (are there propogation efforts?)
Ecuagenera has a bunch in flask, plus a few larger, flowering (or near) size plants. None for sale yet.

Kyle

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Kyle said:
Ecuagenera has a bunch in flask, plus a few larger, flowering (or near) size plants. None for sale yet.

Kyle
Do you have any idea when they might become available?

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
I'd asked Pepe at one point if I could be the US distributor for these... But I don't know if it remembers (or if I could even afford to do it). He was reluctant to bring them into the US because of the kovachii inferno going on.

Kyle

Vendor
Reaction score
They definitely don't have very many plants right now, and don't have the papers to export phrag species at the moment.

The last I heard is that they haven't succesfully made any hybrids with it either. I tried a few and they never took.

Kyle

Kyle

Vendor
Reaction score
I havne't heard to much about its status in the wild, but I'm pretty sure the area where it was found doesn't face to much pressure from agriculture or deforestation. Its kinda remote, near columbia.

silence882

Lurker
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Has Phrag. fischeri ever been found growing inside Colombia?

If Ecuagenera could coax the Ecuadorian government into issuing them CITES export permits for flasks of Phrag. andreettae, I think the US side at FWS wouldn't have a problem letting them in the country.

--Stephen

Kyle

Vendor
Reaction score
Ecuagenera doesn't need the permits for flasks, so in theory, they could export the flasks. They aren't really big into exporting flasks, though.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
littlefrog said:
I'd asked Pepe at one point if I could be the US distributor for these... But I don't know if it remembers (or if I could even afford to do it). He was reluctant to bring them into the US because of the kovachii inferno going on.
Remind him, Rob. I want one!

Say, maybe you could take pre-orders. That way you would have them paid for before they are even in your greenhouse. I'll bet there are a lot of people who would pre-order, if you can get a committment from Pepe.

Latest posts