Phrag andreetae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
reviving this thread... :)

Does any of you here have any advice regarding the best conditions for Phrag andeettae? or what should be done and what not?

Today I had the chance to acquire oen plant, and could not resist :)

Going out on a limb here (don't have any of this species... yet), BUT grow it like a Phrag??? :) The wetter ones probably. Pretty bright light (enough to bloom compact Catts or grow by your mutlifloral Paphs), intermediate temps, good air movement, open mix that holds both water and air well, and never drying out completely. I'm curious if it likes calcium and magnesium like Pk and fischeri do???

-Ernie

I'm curious if it likes calcium and magnesium like Pk and fischeri do??? -Ernie

So far mine seen to like "wet" Phrag conditions and additional oystershell.

that's a good hint.. I was not aware Pk and Pf liked additional Ca/Mg... that's something I could indeed add.. :)

Thanks!

my plants is still a young plant, maybe 1 - 2 years to bloom... looking forward to see how it developes... :)

Reviving this thread again...

Phragmipedium andreettae
opt1363498943a.jpg

This one is from the southern part of Colombia.

The clones from this locality have resulted very good growers.

I cannot wait to see it crossed with a besseae flavum!

I hope that you will come to Spain!:rollhappy: Un saludo

Yo espero que ir al Espana tambien! :p

Both of you are more than welcome to Colombia... The Phrag. andreetae was not yet discovered in Spain :rollhappy:
But everything can happen, since it was originally described in Ecuador when it is mainly a Colombian species! :poke:

Some pictures more:

This is one is called "JLo" and it is one of the whitest and finest forms that we could get. It comes from the southern part of Colombia.
I am wondering if the Phragmipedium schlimii fm. albiflorum is actually one form of Phrag. andreettae

opt1369160339i.JPG

viu1369160357c.JPG

I removed the pouch to cross it with a Phragmipedium longifolium and revealed the peculiar shape of the staminodia.

arx1369160394w.JPG

and the delicate stigma:

viu1369160376t.JPG

We hope to see a nice hybrid similar to Sedenii but whiter.

Has this been crossed with Kovachii yet? Or cardinal birchwood?

I think that it must have been crossed with kovachii... for sure this is the first cross to try... but we have no yet mature plants of kovachii.

We are working in crosses with schlimii, besseae, longifolium, manzurii and some kovachii hybrids... but we have to wait a while to see the first results...:drool:

Latest posts

Back