Phrag andreetae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
So I was under the impression that this phrag was a cool grower like the rest of the "schlimii group" until now. I just read in a few different places that it was a warm grower and now i am a bit confused. I was hoping i could grow it in my cool section with the kovachii im getting since there is more room there and also since that's where all my phrags are.

Can someone who has experience with this phrag help me out because i want to get the culture right on my first try as it is quite an expensive plant (kovachii is as well but since i already have 3 baby kovachiis, I know the culture for the species quite well).

Thanks

It seems to 'bronze up' on the leaves when the temp hits the mid to low 50's for me. Simple solution keep pot moist and use an ag heat pad. Plant is fine at my usual day temp temps (85-85). First bud is actually opening in the next couple days from a plant bought from Peruflora last year.

Tyler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

It seems to 'bronze up' on the leaves when the temp hits the mid to low 50's for me. Simple solution keep pot moist and use an ag heat pad. Plant is fine at my usual day temp temps (85-85). First bud is actually opening in the next couple days from a plant bought from Peruflora last year.

Tyler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I'm jealous!
Back to the original question, I have a seedling growing well with intermediate to warm temps. Most of what I have seen says intermediate to warm.

It loves to be a little bit warmer than besseae and schlimii: below 60F it does not grow fine but above 80-85F it is prone to rot.
Keep them under Phalaenopsis light conditions and ferilize very weak but very frequently.
I am sure that the second and third generation plants are going to be much easier to keep alive.

Latest posts

Back