Phrag. Andean Tears

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But since Denis and I first saw the kovachii, we are dreaming about a large branching Phragmipedium holding many colourful flowers as big as Cattleya. Isn’t a nice dream! :drool:

Your dream is not too far off. One of our Phrag. Fritz Schomburg's (besseae x kovachii) is blooming for the second time now. It is blooming from the third growth now, which is now much larger than when it was blooming from the second growth. The resulting flower spike is also much larger, and it is branching! I will post pictures later.

Your dream is not too far off. One of our Phrag. Fritz Schomburg's (besseae x kovachii) is blooming for the second time now. It is blooming from the third growth now, which is now much larger than when it was blooming from the second grwoth. The resulting flower spike is also much larger, and it is branching! I will post pictures later.

I must admit I am not yet a big fan of kovachii hybrids (also not of the species - but I would not mind having it either :D)... however, a branching Phrag with LARGE red/purple flowers would probably make me drool.. :drool:

I actually updated our web with our own photo, so this comparison is gone. Personally, I don't think that either photo we received for kovachii x wallisii and kovachii x schlimii were accurate, if even real. kovachii x schlimii looked to be photoshop-ed together, and the kovachii x wallisii did not look like it had kovachii in the background at all! I'm glad to see this posting and really like the way this cross turned out.

Whew -- I thought I was going nuts. I didn't see any difference.

Thanks for the explanation, Jason.

Your dream is not too far off. One of our Phrag. Fritz Schomburg's (besseae x kovachii) is blooming for the second time now. It is blooming from the third growth now, which is now much larger than when it was blooming from the second growth. The resulting flower spike is also much larger, and it is branching! I will post pictures later.

Yes! :drool: Can't wait to see it!

Back