Phrag. Andean Fire 'Daddy Mac' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eaborne

Reaction score
Andean Fire (besseae x lindleyanum) has been a parent in about 25 crosses so far. This clone has been used in several of them.

Do you think this is better than most MDC, a very similar cross. Looks it to me.

I would pair it up with the FS. Or send me the pollen. :)

This flower reminds me that I remember seeing MDC for the first time at the GNYOS show in Winter Garden at the World Trade Center. I was amazed, but we hadn't yet seen its progeny!

JC

Do you think this is better than most MDC, a very similar cross. Looks it to me.

I would pair it up with the FS. Or send me the pollen. :)
This flower reminds me that I remember seeing MDC for the first time at the GNYOS show in Winter Garden at the World Trade Center. I was amazed, but we hadn't yet seen its progeny!

JC

JC, The last flower just fell and since we were gone for several days, it had already started to dry so the pollen wasn't good. But I'll be glad to send you pollen next time around. The flowers just don't hold long this time of year. It is probably better than most MDC, however I have a superb awarded tetraploid MDC that is probably superior.
Below is a previous bloom picture of my plant of Phrag. Memoria Dick Clements 4N 'Katherine' AM/AOS which scored 87 points. Again being a tetraploid, it is everything I would expect.
Here is the MDC and it is very similar to the Andean Fire:

Latest posts

Back