Phrag. America ‘Purple Mountain Majesty' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Potted Phrag America up into a 12 inch net basket in March of this year from a 6 inch aircone pot. In the grodan / rockwool mix with perlite, charcoal and styrofoam peanuts at the bottom. She rewarded me with a third bud. In the past I’ve only ever got her to push out two. These plants really seem to enjoy growing large. Some are getting too big for the grow tables, I have her tucked away down on the floor, still getting the light she needs it seems.

A17BD607-388E-4115-A9BB-E5110DC77507.jpeg9543EF8F-A077-4DC1-846E-26616AE6D9B0.jpeg

Looks like you are growing in a basement. How much light does this plant get? What lights are you using?

Looks like you are growing in a basement. How much light does this plant get? What lights are you using?
It’s been moving around the room a bit but mainly under the cob and parfact led lights. These are older models of active leds with cooling fans, not even sure if they make them anymore. If I were shopping for lights today I’d probably invest in more passive technology something like the spiderfarmer boards that do not need a fan to cool. Thread below for reference.

Thread 'Evaporative Cooler for Basement Grow room'
Evaporative Cooler for Basement Grow room

For reference. Here is a picture of PeteM's grow basement. Pretty impressive. You still running the HPS unit in the middle? We got our first 500.00 power bill this month. Ouch. Grow room looks great. 1667158378501.png

For reference. Here is a picture of PeteM's grow basement. Pretty impressive. You still running the HPS unit in the middle? We got our first 500.00 power bill this month. Ouch. Grow room looks great. View attachment 36666
Thanks! No no more HID lights. Those were swapped out a year ago or more for a spider farmer board SF-2000. All LED lights now. I should update that post, grow room looks… well more full. :)

The lights PeteM uses. Are listed here.
6 lights total, almost all on light rail Gualala Robotics / LightRail movers:
- 5 LED grow lights
- 2 PARFACTWORKS RA2000 w Full Spectrum LED Grow Light Growth Lighting Bulb
- 2 1800 Watt X6 Cob Led Grow Light Full Spectrum Led Plant Light with Daisy Chain
- 1 COB LED Grow Light Full Spectrum, CFGROW 360W LED Plant Grow Lamp
- 1 HID, Sun System Grow Lights - Digital 400 Complete System - 400W | 120/240V
- running a Hydrofarm BUSUHL400HZAS Hydroponic Growing Bulb
Water:
- RO system, (First Rays Grower’s RO System)
- 35gal storage tank (trash can) with float valve is connected to a watering wand / hose with a SEAFLO 33-Series Industrial Water Pressure Pump w/Power Plug for Wall Outlet - 115VAC, 3.3 GPM, 45 PSI.
- Floor is treated concrete, with 4 triangular shaped 'panels' sloped to an X shaped drain in the middle of the room that dips to one end at the lowest point towards a sump pump.

These are my target grow room Temps / Humidity:
Temps:
- Day 78F / never over 80F
- Night: 68F

Humidity:
- Day: irrelevant in Baltimore with open windows, this will always be OK.
- Night: 90% RH.

Evaporative Cooler: Used to cool down the room.
Water:
- RO system, (First Rays Grower’s RO System)
- 35gal storage tank (trash can) with float valve is connected to a watering wand / hose with a SEAFLO 33-Series Industrial Water Pressure Pump w/Power Plug for Wall Outlet - 115VAC, 3.3 GPM, 45 PSI.
- Floor is treated concrete, with 4 triangular shaped 'panels' sloped to an X shaped drain in the middle of the room that dips to one end at the lowest point towards a sump pump.

These are my target grow room Temps / Humidity:
Temps:
- Day 78F / never over 80F
- Night: 68F

Humidity:
- Day: irrelevant in Baltimore with open windows, this will always be OK.
- Night: 90% RH.

Evaporative Cooler: used to cool down the room. 1667158947285.png

Latest posts

Back