Phrag. Allison Strohm

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlefrog

Hop-meister
Reaction score
This is kovachii x Living Fire. One of the first kovachii hybrids registered. I got the first AOS award to the cross, one of the first few awards given to kovachii crosses, many many years ago. Not even sure how long. That plant was ok, but the judges freaked out because they hadn't seen a kovachii cross before - oh to be young again. EDIT: 2007 - yikes...

This is far, far superior to that early awarded one of mine. But it also took another decade or more to bloom. Flowers have excellent petal shape and are immense, bigger than my hand and still growing. Color looks better without all the background LED light nonsense. I need a better way to take pictures. I really like this one.

According to the tag (not one of mine, so I picked this up somewhere along the way, must have been a long time ago) it is from Piping Rock's breeding.
allison-strohm.jpg

Last edited:
Yay besseae hybrids! Nice, thanks for sharing. Yes, that was one of the first registered. So many stories about Pk, dancing thru my small mind!

Love that subtle color and the form is excellent. It appears not to be staked. Is the stem that strong to hold such a
big flower?
It isn't staked. And the color is a lot better than that, I need a better way to take pictures.

Latest posts

Back