Phrag Albopurpureum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try semi hydro, it works! I had a hard time getting the tag back in the pot from all the freak'in roots!
If you have your fertilizer in balance, meaning no or minimal leaf tip burn complete inorganic works great. You can go years without reporting.

Tell me your proportions of the semi-hydro mix. I have hydroton, Orchiata and perlite/charcoal.
I use K-Lite fertilizer (very lightly) every watering.
Thanks Michael.
16213894483647458361026949639159.jpg
Simple mix, only hydroton nothing else in a solid container which you make 2 to 3 small holes in the side of the container about an inch up from the bottom.
I recently modified the method to regular plastic pots that now set in solid trays with 2 inch side walls to hold the water. There for the pots aways have water in the bottom of them. Always keep water the pots or the tray if you use my modification.

Most definitely. I don't use clay pots only for my Brachys. Too much weight to transport to shows and meetings.
You're going to set them in solid trays? I bought trays off of Amazon

Michael,
My clone dates back to 2002 when I got off a dead friend of mine. I'm sure the seed this plant came from is way older then that. Do you have any idea when your cross was made? Other then the color our two are identical. Its nice to know breeders are breeding true even decades apart.

Last edited:
Michael,
My clone dates back to 2002 when I got off a dead friend of mine. I'm sure the seed this plant came from is way older then that. Do you have any idea when your cross was made? Other then the color our two are identical. Its nice to know breeders are breeding true even decades apart.
I do not know when my cross was made. Originally purchased from LeNguyen’s garden. I will ask him to see if he has the details.
I very much like the light pink color of yours.
If you even split and sell a division I would like to purchase.
Mine with the darker pink is nearly identical to my Schroderae (maybe a little smaller flower).

Back