Phrag. Albopurpureum in bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1619749903378.jpegI I have been looking for this cross for years. My favorite orchid is similar, Phrag Schroderae, which I saw in bloom 35 years ago at the Buffalo, NY Botanical Gardens. I was hooked on slipper orchids after that. I have 2 Schroderae in spike currently. Very excited waiting for buds to develop.
Purchased this Albo in low spike from Lenguyengarden (LeNguyen) when posted on eBay 2 months ago.
Fortunately the spike/buds survived for 2 weeks when it was lost/delayed in shipping.
Although a smaller flower than most Schroderae, and much smaller than Frank Smith, it is very impressive.
I have crossed it with a Grande (and Grande to it) and hope, if the crosses takes, in several years, to see a longer petal pink caudatum-schlimii hybrid.
1619749938877.jpeg
1619749986425.jpeg

Beautiful and one of my favorite flowers of all time. Mine is coming along nicely after
a rough beginning power outage in my gh. Thank you for reminding why I love this
Phrag. I really appreciate it.

Very nice rich pink. Not at all like my very old clone which probably came from the original mating of this hybrid.

Latest posts

Back