Phrag. Acker’s Northstar

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay besseae hybrids! What is the cross, if I may ask?
Hi Eric,
Phrag. Acker’s Northstar is Inca Rose (besseae x Pink Panther) x Hanne Popow (besseae x schlimi), which of course makes it 50% besseae.
I’ve been blooming out a bunch of these little pink crosses that Chuck Acker put out a couple years ago. The color contrast in the fenestrations of this one really struck me and I definitely want to put my ”keeper” sign on it before I lose track . . . Best, Kate

That is for sure a beauty. If you don't mind me asking how large is that flower?
Hi Bob, I have cut the spike because it is a first bloom on a young plant, but I would say it was an average size for a phrag with its heritage, which is made up of 50% besseae, 37.5% schlimii, and the remainder fischer - in other words, a smaller phrag. As the plant matures, I hope for multiple blooming growths that retain that interesting color contrast, and maybe a little stronger shape to the petals, but I don’t see it ever getting to be a much larger flower. Best Regards, Kate

Latest posts

Back