Photos of malipoense vs. jackii leaves

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
Can someone who owns both a malipoense and jackii post photos of their leaves as a comparison?

That's exactly what I'm looking for, but in photos I can actual see! Those pictures are so small I can't see anything in them....I'd like a normal size, say 8" x 6". Thanks anyways! Please tell me I'm not the only one who can't make much out of those photos:> I've got 20/20 and don't wear reading glasses, yet. But, maybe I need them sooner than I thought;)

I have both, I'll take a side by side picture for you tomorrow when I have a bit of time

That's exactly what I'm looking for, but in photos I can actual see! Those pictures are so small I can't see anything in them....I'd like a normal size, say 8" x 6". Thanks anyways! Please tell me I'm not the only one who can't make much out of those photos:> I've got 20/20 and don't wear reading glasses, yet. But, maybe I need them sooner than I thought;)

Can you change the resolution on you monitor to fewer pixels per inch? That will make the images larger.

Then the clarity and focus of the photos would be very poor. I'll wait for the photos to be posted here:> The photos in that site are in the 150px x 113px range!

Then the clarity and focus of the photos would be very poor.
Actually, that's not true. Since the photos posted on the internet are 1 image pixel : 1 monitor pixel, the quality should not degrade. If you enlarged the image larger than 1:1, then you would see degredation. But of course, more image pixels, in any case, will give you more detail.

Well, I changed my monitor to view 640 x 480 and it enlarged it, but it still looks like cr*p. Thanks anyway!

plants comparison, malipo on the left, jackii on the right

malipojackiiplantsnc0.jpg

leaves detail

malipojackiileavesxd7.jpg

underside of leaves: malipo is much darker and pigmented

undercomparisonoi0.jpg

malipo leave

malipoundervx8.jpg

jackii leave

jackiiunderuw9.jpg

Wow, what a difference between the leaves. And I always thought they looked exactly alike, the flowers at least, now I have been proven wrong. Thank you!

Thanks for the pictures -- they certainly show the difference between the two. A plant is more than just it's flowers!

Latest posts

Back