Photobucket?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
I haven't used Photobucket since they announced they were going to start charging for their services. The last time I tried to access pictures on Slippertalk that were hosted by Photobucket, they were not visible -- just an icon with a message about their new service.

But now I see my photos appearing here again. So I went to Photobucket and see my whole library is there again, and accessible for posting. And while they have paid services, I see one can again sign up for free service.

Anybody know what's going on? Or have experienced the same thing?

I just posted this as a test. I's been posted before in the Paph photo section.

The pictures I've been posting are on Photobucket. I had a problem with them briefly but it seems to have been resolved. I've never paid for their service.

Yeah... I think they are still figuring out how to make a tiered pricing scheme.

Too little, too late though. I highly doubt they will remain up in the long term. They will probably still allow free accounts, but put seriously (and unrealistic) low limits on how many photos you can post from them, if they allow 3rd party hosting from free accounts at all.

Nice that they are back up for a while though. I still have a fair number of photos on Photobucket that I am not going to worry about migrating elsewhere (too much work). Going forward, I have switched to ImgBB. I may have to look into Dropbox.

Back