Photo of roth 'Commander' please

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
Roland Schettler asked me if I knew the origin of this photo of rothschildianum 'Commander' and whether he could obtain a better quality photo. I couldn't help him. Can anyone here be of assistance?

The picture is Lien Luu's. he is a member here. you can PM him or i can send him an email if you want to pm me.

Thanks Justin. I found the post by Lien where this photo appeared. I contacted Lien about the photo. Hopefully he responds.

Hi David, not sure if your friend is looking for photos of other Commanders... but this is my plant-

9282595251_2e786af2f2_c.jpg

9447879016_36ac0f8c76_z.jpg

Kind of off topic but does anyone have an award photo of roth 'Chukar'? i dont' have award software to check. In the other thread Fabrice links Xavier mentions the series named after birds were from 'Commander' x self.

My division of what is supposed to be 'Chukar' looks to me like a Charles E. x Borneo flower and plant, so i have no clue if it is a true division.

'Chukar' AM/AOS was awarded in 1984, and is from a cross of 'Charles E.' and 'Borneo' made by Jack Tonkin outside of Oakland in the early 1980s.

Thanks that makes me feel better then. My plant is definitely a CE x B type with a quite dark and not too big flower...

would still love to see a reference photo if there is one out there to see if mine is true to the label.

Hi All after years I am still in search for good quality foots of Commander anreven Rex and someone who can explain the difference
Roland

'Rex' and 'Commander' are very different from the photos I have seen. (I had a division of Rex once but it died and I never saw it in bloom.) Rex is yellow and large, Commander is darker.

Picture of P. roth Commander in AOS Bulletin.

I found an old picture of Paph rothschildianum Commander, in a Radcliffe's advertisement, from an old AOS Bulletin May 1977 page 489.

Sorry for the quality I had to take a photo and I tried a scan too big.

royal rea

Attachments

• roth commander aos.jpg
    roth commander aos.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 11
  • aos 1977 p489.jpg
    aos 1977 p489.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 11
Back