philippinense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnyr5

Reaction score
'Windsong' x 'Penn's Creek'
Finally get to see this bloom. It first spiked in 2020, just 3 years and a few months from deflasking. Here it is in all its glory, at last. 5 years, 3 months, 19 days from deflasking, 4 growth plant with a couple starts. Sadly, not the most amazing clone, petals are a bit short at 15 cm for the longest one & not twisted enough. NS 3.1 x 17.5cm, Dorsal 3.1cm, Synsepal 3cm, Petal width 0.6cm. 5 flowers, but the 5th is unlikely to bloom with the rest.philippinense 2.jpgPhilippinense 1-1.jpg

I quite like it, the dorsal and synsepal are especially nice!

'Windsong' x 'Penn's Creek'
Finally get to see this bloom. It first spiked in 2020, just 3 years and a few months from deflasking. Here it is in all its glory, at last. 5 years, 3 months, 19 days from deflasking, 4 growth plant with a couple starts. Sadly, not the most amazing clone, petals are a bit short at 15 cm for the longest one & not twisted enough. NS 3.1 x 17.5cm, Dorsal 3.1cm, Synsepal 3cm, Petal width 0.6cm. 5 flowers, but the 5th is unlikely to bloom with the rest.View attachment 33080View attachment 33081
Very nice - I like the dorsal and full pouch. Is this from Woodstream? Hoping he’ll make more flasks soon. Great you got first bloom in just 3 years. How did the other seedlings do?

20220421_144855.jpg

Held its flowers until the 5th one opened! The petals matured to 16-16.5cm, better but still too short.
Blooms quick from flask, good color & shape, good bloom spacing, good flower life, specimen fits in a 4in pot....alright, I guess there's enough good to overlook the petal length & twisting & make it a parent.

Latest posts

Back