Phals. violacea and bellina

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon in SW Ohio

Reefer, the legal kind
Reaction score
Both came from Orchidview a year ago. The violacea is ('Blue 2000' x 'Ken's Blue #1') and the bellina is ('Borneo' x sib). Obviously the violacea isn't blue, so hopefully one of the others is. The bellina smells like a freshly opened box of Froot Loops cearal, and the violacea smells more like the scent used in japanese beetle traps.
122_2220.jpg

122_2221.jpg

122_2222.jpg

Jon
________
Avandia settlement

Last edited:
Oh, manzers. If I grew Phals they'd be this group. That scent! Y'know what else smells like Froot Loops? Actaea pachypoda flowers--a non-orchid though. Who knew?

Mark said:
Oh, manzers. If I grew Phals they'd be this group. That scent! Y'know what else smells like Froot Loops? Actaea pachypoda flowers--a non-orchid though. Who knew?

I didn't know that....time to google. I LOVE that scent both of these guys have...if I had a Neofinetia in bloom also I wouldn't leave the house.

Jon
________
EXTREME Q VAPORIZER

Last edited:
Jon, I've grown the A.p. very easily from seed. If you want some at the end of the season just whistle. The berries are poisonous, however so if you've got kids you might want to pass on them.

Latest posts

Back