• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Phals just received at Big Leaf Orchids

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know that a number of people hear has talked about trying a few phals. Peter has just received a hugh order and the last one for the year. The list is available on his web site. Lots of great photos showing the parents. I bought way to many. Hope you do too, as I don't want to be alone.

Thanks Bob!
Tempting. I will check it out but will likely pass due to my phal death rate. I am trying so new things the year. If successful I will be ready for more phals!

Angela, the price list had about 15 to 20 offerings of species but I passed on those. My greenhouse certainly isn't warm enough for those guys. I went most with offering from Peter Su. He makes nice crosses. Also got maybe 3 or 4 from Mituo Orchids. Peter is also offering some catts and few other things. I think I'm going to try in net pots with lose sphagnum moss like you do. What temps. do you run at in the winter?

My greenhouse has distinct areas of temperature. Most of the gh is
intermediate/warm. 55F is probably the lowest and close to the shutters for
Phrags. The back of the greenhouse about 60F. The Phals. don't seem
to mind the low 60s. Actually, there are some Phal. species that prefer
the temp. drop in winter.

The reason I asked about species rather than looking for myself is...
I'm afraid to!!!! I do get carried away. Mr. Lin is also growing some
Phrags. given to him. I think he's been rather taken with them.

Latest posts

Back