phalaenopsis..

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paphioboy

hehehe...
Reaction score
Penang, Malaysia..d home of fabulous paphs.
some phals currently flowering/going to bloom... a candy-striped phal, first blooming with 2 flowers... this was an offshoot of a plant I bought about a year ago.. the parent plant's maiden blooming had 13 flowers on a spike (including side-sprays) but i sold it off... STUPID ME..!!
IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

its still a small plant (the darker-leaved one):
IMG_1281.jpg

and phal bellina... this must be one of the slowest growing orchids that i own.. i have had this one for nearly 5 years but i've never seen a flower on it..!! thank goodness its spiking now... but hope it does not blast. i had an amboinensis blast on me 2 months ago.. :(
IMG_1279.jpg

Nice display...!!!!!!!! What are your conditions regarding Phalaenopsis species?

Regards, Thanasis...

Thanasis, I grow phals below my paphs (paphs are grown hanging).. so i guess its quite moist and warm.. and good air-flow.. that's very important, or they will rot.. to prevent crown rot most of my phals are grown the 'natural' way, hanging sideways..so water drips away from the crown...

Latest posts

Back