Phalaenopsis violacea var. coerulea

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirius

Plant Nerd
Reaction score
violacea1sm.jpg

This is a cross of two older, paler clones of coerulea. The color is frosted purple with a crystaline sparkle. The fragrance is stronger in the early morning hours and smells just like Big Red bubblegum.

Last edited:
I have fallen completely in love with phal violaceas! And I am in love with yours!

violacea3sm.jpg

violacea2sm.jpg

These were taken in fluorescent lighting. There is a second bud forming! :) Also, the spikes are branching so there are a total of five blooming points.

Dot,

I think the second flower on this plant will be the most telling regarding temperature and bloom color. The first bud on this plant was developing just as we had a couple of unusually cool days. Day temps were 70-75 and night temps dropped into the mid 60's.

Daytime temps lately have been running 75-80 F, and night temps are hovering around 70.

This is a first time blooming for this plant, so the next few blooms may be smaller and less colorful.

Dot,

I think the second flower on this plant will be the most telling regarding temperature and bloom color. The first bud on this plant was developing just as we had a couple of unusually cool days. Day temps were 70-75 and night temps dropped into the mid 60's.

Daytime temps lately have been running 75-80 F, and night temps are hovering around 70.

This is a first time blooming for this plant, so the next few blooms may be smaller and less colorful.

That's interesting. Mine bloomed when the GH was quite warm. I'll have to check and see if any more buds are coming, now that it's cooler.

Back