Phalaenopsis violacea fma. semi-alba from Orchidview

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally flowered a violacea! Again with the other species that I'm growing, it's probably only getting around 500 fc, and does not like like it when the light is higher than that. It also took over a year to acclimate to my home conditions.

Phalaenopsis violacea fma. semi-alba NO857 'Morning Star' x 'H.P.'

violacea_semialba_01.jpg

violacea_semialba_02.jpg

Group shot with the other species in flower (Phal. corningiana on top, and Phal. bellina fma. coerulea on the right). Awesome, but different scents on all!

group_cngviobel.jpg

Do you grow Phal corningiana at night with a minimum temperature of 60F?

Please share culture info.

Thanks

Do you grow Phal corningiana at night with a minimum temperature of 60F?

Please share culture info.

Thanks

It never gets to 60F in my conditions because I grow these in my living room, so I have it at a pretty constant 70-75F year round. I do have to supplement the grow area with a T5 HO fixture (3000K and 6400K) for 13 hours a day. I have a humidistat too, to keep the area at ~48% RH, which is on the low side for the phals but they make do it seems. Paphs are pretty happy here too.

The corningiana and bellina are getting roughly 1000 FC and the violacea is getting half of that, or even less actually. The problem I had in the beginning was fussing with them, leading to bud blast, and had to learn to stop disturbing them. Hope this makes sense.

It never gets to 60F in my conditions because I grow these in my living room, so I have it at a pretty constant 70-75F year round. I do have to supplement the grow area with a T5 HO fixture (3000K and 6400K) for 13 hours a day. I have a humidistat too, to keep the area at ~48% RH, which is on the low side for the phals but they make do it seems. Paphs are pretty happy here too.

The corningiana and bellina are getting roughly 1000 FC and the violacea is getting half of that, or even less actually. The problem I had in the beginning was fussing with them, leading to bud blast, and had to learn to stop disturbing them. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks for the information.

I came to the same conclusion that Phal corningiana likes light intensity similiar to bellina.

Back