Phalaenopsis schilleriana

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
This is a bit late but here it is!
This one bloomed every year like a clock work around Valentine’s Day in the last four years but always with only 6-7 flowers each time.
This year, it gave me its best ever blooming!
very strongly scented with sweet rose fragrance 😍 perfect for stay in Valentine’s 😁

*** If you view this photo without loggin in, then the image will appear tiny. ;)
8424E436-B2BD-4F9D-A997-F52931D18A50.jpeg

Last edited:
My schill is blooming now and all the blooms have been open about two weeks. Adore
the subtle fragrance. Poor thing, I keep my big nose in it every time I pass by.

Looks like a linebreed one. Very full round flowers and good color. First class schilli!
Mine has also flowered around Valentine. I brought it home instead of roses. The sweet fragrance was a pleasure.

Well bloomed. Such a rewarding species. Has it kept the 5-6 leaves usually?

No, it would maintain 3-4 leaves as it always grew one new leaf a year and lost one.
But then this past one year, it grew two new leaves. I guess it has finally decided to pick up a speed a bit.
Such a root champion, though! The pot is full of roots and I'm not looking forward to repotting it whenever that might be!

Looks like a linebreed one. Very full round flowers and good color. First class schilli!
Mine has also flowered around Valentine. I brought it home instead of roses. The sweet fragrance was a pleasure.
Yes. Both parents are bred for dark round flowers.
I really like the fact that this pink flowered plant blooms on around Valentine's Day since I stopped buying red roses. So hard to find and a bit expensive on the actual day. Plus, todays roses seem to be without fragrance.

Great sight your Phal. schilleriana. 👌 👌
I can confirm the annual blooming like clockwork because mine does the same way.....but so far the maximum flower count was 8 flowers, also this year.
I was a bit too late due to other activities, maybe even too lazy to take a photo but that's life. Also the patterns on the leaves are great and defintely a good reason to grow this plant.

Last edited:
Very nice schill, looks very beefy. Can't wait to see you bloom it as an adult with 30-something flowers!
I had given up on it and ready to accept the low flower count. Now, I'm looking forward to next year's bloom.
Or maybe another few years of 17-20 flowers before making another big jump.
I'm going to keep it and find out. :)

Great sight your Phal. schilleriana. 👌 👌
I can confirm the annual blooming like clockwork because mine does the same way.....but so far the maximum flower count was 8 flowers, also this year.
I was a bit too late due to other activities, maybe even too lazy to take a photo but that's life. Also the patterns on the leaves are great and defintely a good reaso to grow this plant.
Thank you.
Yes, it's worth keeping just for the leaves alone. :)

Latest posts

Back