Phalaenopsis schilleriana

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phaladdict, do you have sanderiana in your collection?
Yes I have sanderiana i love it, also i have the last micholitzii and inscriptiosinensis hope not to lose these as become impossible to find even in asia, Sandie has returned you can find also nice imported big plants

I need YOUR schill to talk to MY schill to get it to bloom. It's a huge 4N purpurea form with 7 big thick leaves, and needs a talking to LOL.
Where did you get your schill var purpurea? Schill is from the high mountain range of Luzon, so it needs a significant drop in temp around Dec and Jan. And also higher light, the light gray marks across the leaves should come out clearly. This is one good sign it is getting enough light.

Where did you get your schill var purpurea? Schill is from the high mountain range of Luzon, so it needs a significant drop in temp around Dec and Jan. And also higher light, the light gray marks across the leaves should come out clearly. This is one good sign it is getting enough light.
My schill is from Orchids Limited. It is huge, growing with lights from LED and filter south light. All other phals in same area bloom with the cool 15-16C nights except him. It’s a mystery.

The reason I asked because mine was also tagged as schil var purpurea bought from Brookside as a seedling. It is a huge plant now and when it flowered it is actually a philippinensis. Big pretty flowers with a tad of rosy blush on the back . Schills ' leaves are normally slimmer but long. This is wider and not as long. The marks of gray has to form like bars across the leaf. I noticed when light is not enough, the marks are spread all over the surface without the pattern of bars. Light could be low but long like for 12 hrs.

That does not look like schills. I have reported mine to Brookside already. Phil is actually rare this days. That is the pattern Im talking about.15882487932185334059145368964443.jpg

Schill leaves are usually like yours, but they do occur in other patterns like mine.

The brother plant bought by another friend from same booth had leaves as yours. Mine was the only one different. Perhaps if you are right, my plant is masquerading as a schill but might really be a phill or a sandie LOL.

Indeed leaved looks suspect, recall a bit sanderiana leaves, there are a lot of schilly dominated hybrids around sold as pure schilly (pink butterfly, purpurea, or 4 n usually tagged) we will see when it bloom

Back