Phalaenopsis pallens

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phaladdict

Orchids addict
Reaction score
First bloom after recovering an entire summer of neglect due to work

Attachments

• IMG_20191120_200518.jpg
    IMG_20191120_200518.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 8
Very nice pallens...well coloured and nicely delineated transverse bars on the tepals!

My old one died couple of years ago....and the replacement turned out to be anything other than pallens, namely most likely fasciata instead. Hasn't bloomed for a while as it seems more set on producing keikis :oops:

I have a keiki of this one to spare, also a couple different clones will post as soon as they will flower, if you do not find one before I can send it in spring no problem

Very nice recovery. I love this species and have had
no luck finding it here. I grow most of my speciess
Phals. mounted on cork bark with a bit of long-fibered
sphagnum. How do you grow them?

I grow them both mounted on cork and in pot with medium orchiata(power +) few pumice rocks and little moss, like most of my phals, these do very well both mounted and in pots, as soon as i do not leave in the same mix for more than a couple years or a bit more, frequent flushes are a must, i also always put a few pieces of live green moss in the mix this also for paphs, fertilizer very diluite at every watering (30 _9_ 6 1 gx 10 lt, or peters 15 5 15 cal mag 2 grams max per 10 lt), a bit less in winter, in winter i need to do some compromises and they get a bit cooler than ideal temperature all of them including gigantea, ambo, bellina and other warm growing phals get 15\16 minimum nights even less in some very cold nights, and they are in the warmest part, so in winter I keep somewhath dryer and with even less fertilizer

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back