Phalaenopsis Long Pride Goldstaff

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrhappyrotter

Grand Chupacabra
Reaction score
Phalaenopsis Long Pride Goldstaff

I'm not the best Phalaenopsis grower and generally my interest in Phals is oriented towards fragrant species and primary hybrids. However, I love stripes and I like orange coloration, so this lovely mini-phal caught my attention a year or two back.

It's a small growing Phal, as evidenced by the fact that I'm using a coffee mug as a cache pot. The plant blooms reguarly for me with no special care. It's grown under T8 replacement LED tubes and I do try to keep it on the warm side.

One interesting feature of the flowers is that they are fragrant. However, it's a pretty unique scent, nothing you'd expect from a flower. In the past, I described it as being similar to the smell of plastic wrapped office supplies. Honestly, it's along the lines of new car smell or unscented deodorant/soaps. Those aren't an exact match, but these are all similar scents. It's not unpleasant at all to me. The flowers are only scented in the morning to early afternoon for maybe a few hours max.

Unfortunately I don't see the parentage of this listed anywhere so I don't actually know what species are involved.

WLuExtel.jpg

wZ4oWk5l.jpg

Latest posts

Back