Phalaenopsis Hawaii Dragon Girl ‘Dragon Tree’ AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got this stem prop plant from Hamilton Orchids (of Apopka) at Redlands. It’s flowering from an old spike while developing a new spike. I love the neon violet colour. This is why I collect novelty phals because of these bright glowing colours.

06C05917-1951-4614-B883-80D47DFB8BBA.jpeg

Hi Linus, I just switched my novelty phals to semi-water culture. This means it sits on 1 cm of water, in a low plastic tray. Roots grow into them rather than in the air.
The bottom 2 cm is clay pellets, then bark mix perlite/charcoal (2/3rd of clear plastic pot), lastly toppe last 2 cm with NZ moss.

I’m facing a repot on recently acquired Phal Orchid World. This plant, in spike, has aerial roots about a foot long. If I top dress the plant with a thick layer of rather loose spag I could curl them round the top of plant under the moss. Do you experts have another solution to aerial roots?

Almost forgot...your blooms are so beautiful!!! Colors just pop!

Thank you . I have the pot setting in a dish of damp spa g and roots covered with more damp spag. I’m waiting on delivery of Sponge Rock. Must mail order, no orchid nurseries around me.

Latest posts

Back