Phalaenopsis Equalacea

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PHRAG

equalaceabloom.jpg

This is a primary hybrid between equestris and violacea. It has been in bloom since I bought it. It just keeps blooming, and blooming, and... you get the idea.

To answer a couple of questions. The plant is the size of an equestris and the leaves look like equestris except longer. The spikes are about a foot long each. Two spikes, one is blooming non-stop two buds at a time, and the other is putting out a keiki that just started rooting. The flower is the size of a violacea bloom or the size of a half dollar coin. I have not noticed a strong scent from this. The color in the photo above is true. This baby is grape purple.

that's lovely!

I've seen this cross only once before, and it looked very different. This one is (equestris 'Blue' x violacea var coruelea 'Sapphire'):
20250612_1fdd90289a_m.jpg

This cross is very variable from what I have seen. Here is one from Orchids Limited...

PEqual.jpg

and another...

00ph0161.jpg

very interesting. I like yours the most - the even spotting is gorgeous.

Keikis of this hybrid were selling on ebay not long ago for less than $5. I bought my mature plant on ebay, with keiki, for $5 plus shipping.

Latest posts

Back