Phalaenopsis bellina

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This was bought as a seedling last autumn from Popow.
It sits on a north facing windowsill in by far the warmest room of the house, the utility room which houses the boiler for the central heating.
So far so good and a new flower spike developed this spring with this flower.
Although the flower is not big at just over an inch across the clean citrus scent is very powerful.
The whole kitchen is scented when I walk in in the morning,
I love it!

F76641FB-F90E-44A0-90D9-7FCFCD009E10 by john quaife, on Flickr

David

Gorgeous flower and gorgeous species in general. Yes, the fragrance is magnificent, isn't it? People who've only ever seen/grown garden center Phalaenopsis are missing out!

I didn’t think I had the temperatures to grow a bellina until I thought about the utility room.
It is still only a baby. I’m looking forward to seeing it in a couple of years. The fact that the heat in this room is dry doesn’t seem to be an issue so far,
David

Ok I’m a little late on this discussion, sorry, I’m guessing bellina likes high temps? Like would 100F (37C) be acceptable in summer?

Lovely flower and mine is blooming for the first time right now. Mine is mounted on cork and seems to prefer cooler conditions and LOTS of air
movement. The fragrance reminds me of my lime tree leaves.

Back